Suspension and Shock Absorber Service Cranbourne
Our workshop will remain open to provide you with expert car service.
Under stage 4 restrictions, Cranbourne Auto Electrical and Mechanical are a permitted industry for the purposes of automotive repair and critical maintenance to essential services & trade, and to maintain the health and safety of Victorians at home or at work. Please contact us to make a booking.
Want to know more about how we are dealing with the Covid crisis? Click Here
Your car’s safety and roadworthiness is dependent on the “safety triangle,” consisting of the vehicle’s ‘stopping, steering and stability’ capabilities.
The suspension and shock absorbers are not just there to give you a smooth ride, they are an integral component in the correct operation of these three critical capabilities, therefore keeping you, your passengers and other road users safe.
Regular servicing and maintenance can help to prevent suspension problems, but if you do happen notice anything that seems amiss, contact Cranbourne Auto Electrical and Mechanical ASAP to get it checked out.
Book nowContact us
Cranbourne Auto Electrical and Mechanical are located in Cranbourne and provide Suspension & Shock Absorber Service to customers in the surrounding areas as well.
Why Work with Us?
- Top Quality: As a part of the Repco Authorised Service Centre network all of the work we perform is backed by the Repco Nationwide Guarantee
- The Right Parts: Our mechanics are kept up on all the latest parts thanks to Repco service bulletins. Additionally, we have access to the Repco spare parts network which means we can find you the right part at the right price
- The Best Team: Our mechanics are well versed in many different makes and models. From a fleet of vehicles to the family car, we are here for you
When to Get a Service
An important part of keeping all aspects of your vehicle working properly is to stick to your regular Log Book servicing schedule. However, if you notice any of the following symptoms you should get your vehicle checked out as soon as possible;
- Steering Wheel Vibration/pulsing
- Nose diving and swerving – bonnet dips when braking or slowing down
- Car veers in side winds
- Makes a rattling noise
- Uneven or overly excessive tyre wear
- Car rocks and rolls over bumps and doesn’t hug bends when cornering
- Clunking over bumps
- Bouncing, dipping and diving
Some of your suspension & shock absorber's important parts include
- Springs – Springs are designed to absorb energy and there are several different types including leaf, coil, torsion bar or air assisted springs. The springs on different types of cars will be set up to different levels. Luxury cars, for example, may have soft springs to produce a smoother ride but this results in more body movement when the car brakes and corners. Sports cars, on the other hand, tend to have tighter springs which allow for more aggressive driving, including around corners, but also mean a less smooth ride.
- Shock absorbers - these dissipate the energy absorbed by the springs. The car would not work properly without the shock absorbers because the springs would cause it to bounce up and down when you go over a bump rather than absorb that bump.
- Strut - this is a shock absorber mounted inside a coil spring. Struts do the job of the springs and shock absorbers plus provide additional structural support for the suspension system.
- Anti-sway bar - spans the width of the axle and joins the two sides of the suspension together to provide stability to the car while it is moving.
Get more useful information in Repco’s Shock Absorbers Auto Facts Video
For high quality Suspension & Shock Absorber Services at a competitive price, contact Cranbourne Auto Electrical and Mechanical using the links below. We are located at 1/63-73 Willarong Road and offer service to customers in Cranbourne and the surrounding areas.